Chairman for International Law and Global Political Studies, Vienna, Austria
· Former legal practitioner and the president of Young Lawyers Association of BiH Bar (late 1980s). Former MFA official and career diplomat (early 1990s).
· Research Fellow at the Institute for Modern Political-history analyses, Dr. Bruno Kreisky Foundation as well as the Legal and Political Advisor for CEE at the Vienna-based Political Academy, Dr. Karl Renner (mid 1990s).
· Senior Legal Officer and Permanent Representative to the UN Office in Vienna of the Intergovernmental Organization ICMPD (1990s). Attached to the IMC University of Austria as a Professor and Chairman for Intl. Law and Global Political Studies (2000s – 10s).
· For over two decades, he teaches subjects of Geo-political Affairs, International Law (including Intl. Relations, Law of IOs and EU Law), Theory of Law (incl. Political Systems), as well as Sustainable Development (Institutions and Instruments of) – having for each of these over 1,000 teaching hours. Parallel to it, he served as a pro bono expert in numerous academic institutions, think tanks and intergovernmental institutions (such as the UN ECE, OSCE, Council of Europe, American Bar, Oxford Academy of Total Intelligence, etc.). He is editor of the NY-based GHIR (Geopolitics, History and Intl. Relations) journal, and editorial board member of several similar specialized magazines on three continents.
· Since 2013, he is a visiting professor for international law at the University in Geneva (graduate and postgraduate programs in economy, law, and international relations). He is also visiting professor at the American SIT for diplomacy and international relations (since 2019). The International Institute IFIMES has entrusted him as its Department Head for Strategic Studies on Asia, and (since having the Special Consultative Status with the UN) as its Permanent Representative to Austria and Vienna-based IOs (and non-residentially the UN office of Geneva, UNOG). (2014 – on)
· He also recently launched one of the fastest expanding European platforms for politics and economy, security and energy, with special chapters on the environment and the so-called ‘Tomorrow’s people for the Green planet/economy’ – Modern Diplomacy. Starting modestly by mid 2010s, today the MD has over 4 million visits monthly.
· Prof. Bajrektarevic is the author of dozens of presentations, publications, speeches, seminars, research colloquiums as well as numerous public events (round tables & study trips, etc.). His writings are frequently published in all five continents (over 70 countries and translated into some 25 languages). He is a regular guest lecturer at many national diplomatic academies and prestigious national universities and governmental training facilities.
· He has authored the following books: FB- Geopolitics of Energy (Addleton Academic Publishers, New York, 2013); Geopolitics – Europe 100 years after (DK, 2014); Geopolitics–Energy–Technology (Lambert Academic Publisher Germany, 2015); Cybersecurity Essentials – Institutions, Instruments, Types and Forms, (NOVA Science Publishers, 2015); Nuclear Commerce—Currents: Politico-military, Security, Legal and Socio-economic Aspects, (LAP Germany, 2016); Europe and Africa: Similarities & Differences in Sec. Structures (NOVA Science, Washington 2017); From WWI to www. (1918-2018), (Addleton Academic Publishers, New York, 2018); Caspian – Status, Challenges, Prospects (NOVA Science, Washington 2020); Concise Book on the EU – Genesis, Institutions, Instruments (winter 2021/22), and the forthcoming book No Asian Century.
· Prof. Bajrektarevic is an elected arbiter and mediator before numerous permanent national arbitrational tribunals (including those of the Law of the Sea) in Europe and in Asia. This includes capacities such as being a Board Member to the Global Compliance Business Council and to the International Commercial Dispute Tribunal.
· He lives in Vienna, Austria.