Transportation Energy Futures: Underexplored Topics in Vehicle Technologies and Alternative Fuel Use

Stewart Fischer (Editor)
Tina Karahalios (Editor)

Series: Energy Science, Engineering and Technology
BISAC: SCI024000

Clear

$250.00

Volume 10

Issue 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Special issue: Resilience in breaking the cycle of children’s environmental health disparities
Edited by I Leslie Rubin, Robert J Geller, Abby Mutic, Benjamin A Gitterman, Nathan Mutic, Wayne Garfinkel, Claire D Coles, Kurt Martinuzzi, and Joav Merrick

eBook

Digitally watermarked, DRM-free.
Immediate eBook download after purchase.

Product price
Additional options total:
Order total:

Quantity:

Details

The Transportation Energy Futures Study examines technological, fuel substitution, and policy options for reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and petroleum use. Since all transportation modes use fuels that contain carbon, and the production of these fuels, requires processes that emit GHG, a literature review of the potential for improvement in the energy efficiency of transportation modes was undertaken.

The transportation sector consists of light-duty vehicles (LDVs)(such as cars and light trucks), heavy-duty vehicles (such as medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses), aircraft, marine vessels, pipelines, and trains. The LDVs make up a majority of the energy consumption within the transportation sector – almost 60% in 2009, the latest year for which data by mode, sub-mode, and fuel type were available. This book focuses on the other 40%, which are termed non-LDV. Based on a comprehensive literature review, this book explores the potential for improvement in non-LDV energy efficiency. (Imprint: Nova)

Preface

Potential for Energy Efficiency Improvement Beyond the Light-Duty-Vehicle Sector
(Anant D. Vyas, Deena M. Patel, Kenneth M. Bertram, Argonne National Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy)

Non-Cost Barriers to Consumer Adoption of New Light-Duty Vehicle Technologies
(Thomas Stephens, Argonne National Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy)

Vehicle Technology Deployment Pathways: An Examination of Timing and Investment Constraints
(Steve Plotkin, Thomas Stephens,Walter McManus,Argonne National Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy)

Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Expansion: Costs, Resources, Production Capacity, and Retail Availability for Low-Carbon Scenarios
(Marc W. Melaina, Garvin Heath, Debra Sandor, Darlene Steward, Laura Vimmerstedt, Ethan Warner, Karen W. Webster, National Renewable Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy)

Projected Biomass Utilization for Fuels and Power in a Mature Market
(Mark Ruth, Trieu Mai, Emily Newes, Andy Aden, Ethan Warner, Caroline Uriarte, Daniel Inman, Travis Simpkins, Andrew Argo, National Renewable Energy Laboratory for the U.S. Department of Energy)

Index

You have not viewed any product yet.